Clifton Oliver Broadway Actor The Lion King Dies At 47. The talented Broadway actor renowned for his unforgettable role in The Lion King, has tragically passed away at the age of 47. His mesmerizing performances on the Broadway stage touched the hearts of audiences worldwide, leaving an indelible mark on the theatrical world. Sadly, on August 2, 2023, Clifton Oliver’s journey was cut short by a prolonged illness, leaving the world of theater in mourning. While he may have left us physically, his legacy as a remarkable performer will continue to resonate for generations to come. For more information about Clifton Oliver’s extraordinary life and career, visit the website weescape.vn.
I. Introduction about Clifton Oliver
- Name: Clifton Oliver
- Birth Date: December 3, 1975
- Birth Place: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Death Date: August 2, 2023
- Death Cause: Unknown
- Age: 47 years old (as of 2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Education:Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, Savannah State University
- Occupation: Actor, Singer-songwriter
- Richard: (last name unknown)
- Partner Children: None
- Net Worth: Estimated at $1 million
- Instagram: cliftondoliver
- Facebook: clifton.oliver
- Homepage: Dreshare.com
2. Age, Birthday & Biography
Clifton Oliver was a talented Broadway actor and singer-songwriter known for his roles in various hit musicals, including The Lion King, In The Heights, Wicked, Motown The Musical, and Kinky Boots.
Born on December 3, 1975, in Jacksonville, Florida, Clifton attended the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts in his hometown before moving to New York City at the age of 21 to pursue his Broadway dream.
He made his Broadway debut in 1997 as part of the ensemble of The Lion King. Later, he took on the lead role of Simba in The Lion King on Broadway, as well as in the productions in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the national tour.
In 2010, Clifton joined the Broadway cast of In The Heights, where he played the character Benny, starring alongside Jordin Sparks as Nina.
Throughout his career, Clifton Oliver showcased his exceptional talent and received acclaim and recognition for his performances. He also made money from his recordings and other projects.
Clifton Oliver passed away on August 2, 2023, after a long illness. He was not married but had a long-term partner named Richard. Clifton was known to be very close to his family, including his sister Roxy Hall in Jacksonville, Florida, and his brother Corey Oliver in Atlanta, Georgia. He also cherished his friends and co-workers, considering them an extended family.
3. Facts About Clifton Oliver
- Clifton was born on December 3, 1975, which makes him a Sagittarius.
- He grew up in Jacksonville, Florida, where he attended the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts.
- He moved to New York City to pursue his Broadway dream when he was 21 years old.
- Clifton made his Broadway debut in 1997 as part of the ensemble of The Lion King.
- Oliver later played Simba in The Lion King on Broadway, in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the national tour.
- He joined the Broadway cast of In The Heights in 2010 as Benny, opposite Jordin Sparks as Nina.
- Clifton also appeared in Wicked as Fiyero, Motown The Musical as Berry Gordy, Kinky Boots as Lola Standby, and more.
II. Clifton Oliver Broadway Actor The Lion King Dies At 47
Broadway actor Clifton Oliver, who starred in productions of “The Lion King,” “In The Heights” and “Wicked,” died Wednesday morning following an unspecified illness. He was 47.
Oliver’s death was announced by friends and family, who shared the tragic news on social media.
“My baby brother, Clifton Oliver, has had his final curtain call,” said his sister, Roxy Hall, via a post to her Facebook page on Wednesday. “It was peaceful. His partner Richard was singing to him the song Psalm 23 as he took his last breath this morning at 3:20 a.m.”
“I will miss him, but he is finally at peace!” she continued. “He impacted the lives of people throughout the world as he showcased his amazing talent, kind soul, and loving spirit to EVERYONE he met! He will be missed, but never forgotten!”
Hall mentioned Oliver had spent six weeks in the hospital and some time in hospice care right before he passed.
Oliver was raised in Jacksonville, Fla. and attended Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, reports Deadline.
III. Disney’s THE LION KING – Classroom Education Series – Part 7: Setting the Scene
IV. Frequently asked questions
1. Who is Clifton Oliver?
Clifton Oliver, who starred on Broadway as Simba in The Lion King and as Benny in In the Heights, has died. He was 47. His sister, Roxy Hall, shared on Facebook that the actor died Wednesday morning. The cause of death is unknown but Hall noted that he had been in the hospital and hospice six weeks before his death.
2. How did Clifton Oliver die?
Oliver died on August 2, 2023, after a long illness. His death cause has not been revealed to the public.
3. Who is Clifton Oliver’s wife?
Clifton was not married, but he had a long-term partner named Richard. They were together for many years and supported each other through thick and thin.
4. What is Clifton Oliver’s net worth?
$1 million (approx.). Clifton Oliver had a successful career as a Broadway actor and singer-songwriter. He appeared in several hit musicals and earned acclaim and recognition for his performances. He also made some money from his recordings and other projects.
V. Clifton Oliver, Broadway Star of ‘The Lion King,’ & Wicked’, Dead at 47